Get Found Online!
With Google’s latest penguin update upon us, M5Media is rolling out a new local marketing package to help businesses stay competitive. We want to offer local businesses better access to what they depend on for survival: local traffic. The fact of the matter is that most businesses have a local customer base, not a national one. Consider this:
- 9 out of 10 consumers use the Internet to find local products or services. Of these,
- 86% follow up with a phone call or in-store visit. And with more than 2.2 billion local searches every month, this translates into a huge opportunity to attract new customers.
The Online Marketing Landscape
Getting Traffic to your site consists of a three way approach.
- Organic Search – Strategies to influence the search engines, also known as Search Engine Optimization or SEO
- Local Search – Citations and getting your business listings out there on well trafficed portals on the web (youtube.com, google +, manta, foursquare, etc.
- Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, Pinnterest, Yelp, and others.
* M5Media will put you on track for success in all of these areas depending on your needs.
The Local Search Ecosystem
- This is a graphic representing the main spheres of Local Search. There are many more, but the most influential of them are shown at the right. This is where your business profile goes to get more local business.
- This also influences the effectiveness of Search Engine Optimization efforts. By getting your business profile out on the ecosystem, you create what are called ‘citations’ which direct traffic to your site. This is done in two ways:
- Directly – consumers come upon your business listings in local search portals (shown above) and call or email you to develop a business relationship (or buy directly if you are an ecommerce provider)
- These citations count as ‘votes’ for Google’s algorithm and help boost your search engine results in the organic listings.
Youtube.com has become a huge part of the web. Businesses need to learn to capture this market. M5Media can do this by creating a youtube video for your business! Here is an example of one that was created for an HVAC company. M5Media also created their website, and the video is on youtube.com and also the website to help drive home the message – www.sunburstheating.com
Why all this matters and what we can do…
You may be asking yourself why this is all relevant. The answer to that is that getting business through the internet requires a multi-faceted approach that includes some or all of these avenues.
- Setup business profiles on Google Plus, the number one influence for local traffic.
- Create a Youtube Video featuring a professional narrator, a custom script, search keywords, and pictures.
- Local Profiles Setup on:
- Google Plus
- Google Places
- Youtube (keyword tags and produce video)
- Bing Local
- Yahoo Local
- Submission of your website to 120 web properties, search engines, portals, and web directories to get your business ‘out there’.
- If you are hosting with us, installation of a toolbar on your site which integrates all of these things into one marketing machine! (CHECK OUT the toolbar on the bottom of this site, connecting our facebook, twitter, and youtube marketing material, it’s awesome!)
We are aiming to make this extremely affordable so all small businesses can capture their local market more efficiently.
But we don’t stop there!!
We also will follow up with you each quarter to keep information about your business current and review your statistics and overall marketing strategy. We can make recommendations and changes for your website, and get any special offers you have out on the web to distance you from your competitors. For an additional fee, we will also work with you on pushing content out to social media channels.
I hope this has developed for you a foundation of how the web works for businesses.
For more information, or to schedule a free website analysis and web marketing meeting – contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org